Your Healthy Body
Necessary ingredients are affordable and not difficult to find and purchase in natural or organic form. Important to note is that these recipes contain no preservatives so be sure to take precautions to avoid contamination by bacteria – something you should do with all personal care products or cosmetics.
- Avoiding touching products with your fingers; try using a cotton swab for application instead.
- Use products, created with the Do It Yourself (DIY) recipes, within two weeks and consider storing them in your refrigerator.
- Remember any allergies – Be cautious if you are allergic to nuts, avocados, or other common food ingredients.
Give your body some love and care by trying out non-toxic concoctions – DIY personal care product recipes for your whole body and face that are certainly toxin-free, the way it should be.
- Find great, previously tested, DIY personal care product recipes recommended by Safe Cosmetics.
- Personal Care Products - Ingredients to Avoid (PDF)
- The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics is a coalition effort which launched in 2004 to protect the health of consumers and workers by securing the corporate, regulatory and legislative reforms necessary to eliminate dangerous chemicals from cosmetics and personal care products.
- Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
Skin Deep is a cosmetics database and safety guide to cosmetics and personal care products brought to you by researchers at the Environmental Working Group. Use this database to see how safe your cosmetics and personal care products are.